Quality Brick Paving & Landscaping prides itself in being the top rated Landscape Designers in St. Clair Shores MI. Hire the best by calling (248) 837-9991 and schedule a free estimate!
What are the benefits of landscaping?
- A well-designed landscape will cut your summer and winter energy cost dramatically, protect your home from winter wind and summer sun and help control noise and air pollutions.(1)
- Carefully positioned trees can save up to 25% of a household’s energy consumption for heating and cooling.(1)
- On average, a well-designed landscape provides enough energy savings to return your initial investment is less than 8 years.(1)
- A well-planned landscape can reduce an un-shaded home’s summer air conditioning cost by 15-50%.(1)
- Shading and evapotranspiration from trees can reduce surrounding air temperatures as much as 9 degrees F.(1)
- Studies by Lawrence Berkeley laboratory found summer daytime air temperatures to be 3-6 degrees F cooler in tree shaded neighborhoods than in treeless areas.(1)
- Research conducted from 1996-97 in South Carolina showed that home price premiums increased 6 to 7 percent for home landscapes that were upgraded from good to excellent and 4 to 5 percent for and upgrade from average to good.(2)
- Landscaping can bring a recovery value of 100 to 200 percent at selling time. Kitchen remodeling brings a 75 to 125 percent recovery rate, bathroom remodeling a 20 to 120 percent recovery rate, and addition of a swimming pool a 20 to 50 percent recovery rate.(3)
- By spending 5% of the value of your home on the installation of a quality low-maintenance landscape, you could boost the resale by 15%, earning back 150% or more of your landscape investment.(4)
- A mature tree can often have an appraised value of between $1,000 and $10,000.(5)
- 95% of the members of the Society of Real Estate Appraisers say landscaping adds to property value, while 99% agree landscaping increases speed of home sales.(6)
- In another study, 83% of Realtors believe that mature trees have a “strong or moderate impact” on the salability of homes listed for under $150,000; on homes over $250,000, this perception increases to 98%.(7)
(1) – Landscaping for Energy Efficiency. Energy efficiency and renewable energy clearing house. National renewable energy laboratory. FS 220, April 1995.
(2) – The effect of landscape plants on perceived home value. Virginia Cooperative Extension. Pub 426-087, 2009.
(3) – Money magazine.
(4) – Smart money magazine, March 2003.
(5) – Council of tree and landscape appraisers.
(6) – Society of real estate appraisers study, 2003.
(7) – Arbor national mortgage & american forests.
Quality Brick Paving & Landscaping specializes in Landscape Design in St. Clair Shores MI and surrounding areas. If you would like to hire the top rated St. Clair Shores MI Landscape Design team please call (248) 837-9991 today!